The Oldenburg Academy Twisters Boys Soccer team were 5-1 winners over The Hauser Jets.The Twisters JV also won 6-1.Courtesy of Michelle Wachsmann.
Broward County issued a shelter-in-place order on Thursday, urging residents not to leave their homes unless it is to complete “essential activities.”Under the order issued by County Administrator Bertha Henry, “individuals are strongly urged to remain home other than to engage in essential activities, which are the minimum activities necessary to conduct Minimum Business Operations or to engage in or patronize Essential Businesses.”Emergency Order 20-03 urges residents to Shelter in Place. Everyone is strongly urged to remain home other than to engage in essential activities. https://t.co/1b7kB4sBRP pic.twitter.com/qGmANQSo0U— Broward County Government (@BrowardCounty) March 26, 2020 Residents may leave their homes to go places such as grocery stores, doctor’s offices, pharmacies, and child care centers, among other “essential locations.”In addition, outdoor exercise that complies with social distancing guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is allowed.According to the latest numbers from the Florida Department of Health, there are 504 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Broward County, which is second only to Miami-Dade County in the state.67 people have been hospitalized because of the virus in Broward County, and three have died.
An undentified player for Sporting Kansas City has tested positive for COVID-19.The MLS team said Saturday the player self-isolated upon the initial positive result. The player will remain in isolation until cleared by the club’s medical staff. No other players and coaches were confirmed positive for the coronavirus. Sporting hosts Minnesota United on Sunday night. At least two other of the league’s players and six staff members have confirmed positive tests since the teams returned to local markets after the MLS is Back tournament in Florida.___ ___The technical director of Turkish soccer team Besiktas has tested positive for COVID-19.The club tweeted Saturday that Sergen Yalcin was tested ahead of Sunday’s game at Trabzonspor in the opening round of Turkey’s Super League. Yalcin did not exhibit any symptoms and will go into isolation. Besiktas is one of the top soccer teams in Turkey. The American Athletic Conference announced the decision Saturday, a day after Memphis paused football practice and all group activities for the team because a “number of individuals” with the program had tested positive for COVID-19.The Tigers already lost a game at Purdue previously scheduled for Saturday when the Big Ten canceled its fall football season Aug. 11. The conference says the Houston game will be rescheduled for a later date.Memphis officials say the positive tests and contact tracing indicate most of the cases are linked to social events outside of team activities. Combined with contract tracing, Memphis says a “significant number” are in quarantine in keeping with CDC guidelines. Officials say there are no serious cases but that all players and staff affected are being closely monitored.The Tigers opened the season by beating Arkansas State 37-24 on Sept. 5. Their next scheduled game is Sept. 25 at UT San Antonio.___ September 12, 2020 Associated Press Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___Memphis’ prime-time game against Houston set for Friday night has been postponed. The season-opening football game between Virginia and Virginia Tech at Lane Stadium scheduled for Sept. 19, has been postponed because of COVID-19 issues at Virginia Tech.The schools made the announcement Saturday, calling it a mutual agreement. Virginia Tech said it also will pause football practice for four days.On its web page, Virginia Tech reported Friday it has had 219 positive tests for the coronavirus in the previous seven days, putting its total infections at 633 since testing began Aug. 3. The numbers have risen steadily since students returned Aug. 24.“The safety, as well as the physical and mental well-being of these young men and women entrusted to our care by their families remains our top priority,” Hokies athletic director Whit Babcock said in a statement. “While we share the disappointment of everyone who hoped to begin the football season against our in-state rival, we remain optimistic that a full ACC football schedule can be played thanks to the flexibility the present format permits.” The Latest: Memphis-Houston game set for Friday postponed Turkey’s soccer federation said early September that league games would be played without spectators in the first half of the new season, reversing an earlier decision to allow a limited number of fans.Turkey has seen a spike in COVID-19 infections and deaths, which began increasing after Turkey loosened restrictions in June but intensified since late August, returning to levels last seen in mid-May.___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
LONDON, England (Reuters) – The world athletics governing body (IAAF) has closed an ethics investigation into its president Sebastian Coe, after finding there was no basis on which “any disciplinary case could be established” that he had “intentionally misled” a British Parliamentary Committee in 2015.“The investigation has therefore not identified evidence of a potential breach of the code of ethics by Lord Coe,” it said.Coe has denied throughout that he misled the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) select committee when he appeared before it in December 2015, four months after being elected IAAF president.“I want to thank the ethics board for all the work they do,” said Coe in a statement. “When I became president of the IAAF, I promised greater transparency and integrity. I hope this demonstrates that no-one is above the rules and everyone in the sport is subject to the same scrutiny.”Coe, previously an IAAF vice-president, was questioned about what he knew about doping in Russian athletics before he took office. In its final report ‘Combating doping in sport’ in 2018, the committee criticised Coe’s answers as misleading. “It stretches credibility to believe that he was not aware, at least in general terms, of the main allegations,” the report added.The IAAF ethics board then opened an investigation in September into whether Coe’s conduct had violated its own regulations. Coe, a double Olympic 1500 metres gold medallist, insisted that he did not know the specific detail of an email sent to him by former London Marathon race director David Bedford in 2014.Bedford said the attachments contained details of how Russian marathon runner Liliya Shobukhova had sent hundreds of thousands of dollars to the IAAF to cover up positive doping tests.Shobukhova was banned for three years and two months, later reduced by seven months, for assisting with investigations. Although Coe confirmed receiving the email, he said he forwarded it to the IAAF ethics board without reading the attachments.The board said in its decision yesterday that Coe “behaved appropriately” by referring the matter.“Coe’s evidence is that his personal assistant forwarded the email with its attachments to the Chairperson of the Ethics Board and that he (Coe) did not read the attachments,” it said. “The investigation did not find any evidence inconsistent with that position.”Damian Collins, chair of the DCMS committee, said he stood by the report.“Lord Coe either knew more than he suggested he did when he gave evidence to the committee, or he knew enough about the Shobukhova (matter) to have asked more questions about it within the IAAF at the time,” he said in a statement.
Redshirt senior guard Daniel Utomi added that the team’s performance Friday night was not going to deter the players from shooting. “We didn’t get it rolling tonight,” Mathews said. “Once we get it rolling, we’ll be hard to stop.” “We were getting the shots we wanted. We just didn’t hit them,” Mathews said. “And that just comes game by game … we’ve got a lot more games to play and chemistry to build.” The Trojans let the game slip away early in the second half after opening the frame on an 8-0 run that put them up 40-34. That lead was soon squandered as the Trojans followed with a six-minute scoreless drought. “[The shots are] gonna drop,” Utomi said. “Shooters gonna shoot. We [are] not worried about it. They are going to drop.” “We missed open threes, we missed a layup on a slip, we missed free throws, we turned the ball over at a couple of crucial times and then all of the sudden there [Temple had] a big run.” Freshman forward Onyeka Okongwu led USC with 17 points, shooting 6-of-13 and 46.2% from the field. Okongwu also added five monstrous blocks to his stat sheet. “[There] weren’t a lot of positives from this game, unfortunately,” head coach Andy Enfield said after the game. “It was a game that we need to study … and learn from it and figure out some things.” “You can’t go that long without scoring against a quality team,” Enfield said. “I thought we were going to make a run and get up double digits. We had the momentum. [Then] all of the sudden, the momentum shifted and we just couldn’t get out of it. Freshman guard Ethan Anderson was second on the team in scoring with 12 points. Anderson also recorded six rebounds and five assists. Senior guard Jonah Mathews attributed the team’s loss to an uncharacteristically poor night of shooting. USC shot 38.6% from the field on the night, 27.3% from three and an abysmal 55% from the charity stripe. “I’ll take the blame for [the second half slump], because I couldn’t figure out what to do as far as getting us out of that rut,” Enfield said. “We tried different things and whatever we tried didn’t seem to work, so that’s on me. I’ve got to figure out what lineups to have out here in crucial situations and also whose hand to put the ball in.” The USC men’s basketball team suffered its first loss of the season Friday against Temple at Galen Center. The Trojans were plagued by poor shooting all night, and what began as a close battle eventually turned into a comfortable 70-61 victory for the Owls. Over the course of approximately nine minutes, the Owls put the game out of reach with a 23-6 run. Mathews also expressed confidence in his team. USC will fly to Orlando this week to play in the ESPN Orlando Invitational. Its first game is against Fairfield University Thursday at 1 p.m. Senior guard Jonah Mathews struggled against Temple, shooting a season-low 20% from the field and just 1-6 on 3-pointers. (Sarah Ko / Daily Trojan) “[Enfield told me] just to move on,” Mathews said. “We have a whole tournament next week. This is a bad loss at home, but we’ve got to move on and play some better teams in Orlando [and] try to make something happen out there because that is a big tournament.”
The 28-year-old Barney had been designated for assignment six days ago.Barney won a National League Gold Glove award in 2012 when he tied a major league single-season record for second basemen with 141 consecutive errorless games. He matched the mark set by Detroit’s Palcido Polanco in 2007.“We added him because we believe he is a plus defender who can play second, short and third,” Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti said of Barney.Barney was hitting .230/.265/.328 in 217 plate appearances with the Cubs this season. Known for his defense, Barney’s ultimate zone rating per 150 games is plus-15.5. He’s got plus-7 defensive runs saved this season and plus-46 over the past three seasons.Prior to being designated for assignment by the Cubs, Barney had hit safely in eight of his previous 10 games and batted .385 (15 for 39) with two doubles, two triples and an RBI since July 1. He hit .230 with two home runs and 16 RBIs in 72 games overall. By J.P. Hoornstrajp.firstname.lastname@example.org @jphoornstra on TwitterIt wasn’t a pre-deadline blockbuster, but the Dodgers did trade for an established major leaguer Monday.Veteran infielder Darwin Barney, regarded as one of baseball’s best defensive second basemen, was obtained from the Chicago Cubs in exchange for a player to be named later and cash. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error The Dodgers had an opening on the 40-man roster for Barney, but their 25-man roster is full. A corresponding 25-man roster move is expected before today’s game against the Atlanta Braves.
Help wanted: Cleary Building Corp. is looking to hire someone in Construction Sales.“Join our sales team at our Wellington Kansas Branch Office! Compensation package includes: Base salary, incentive pay, benefits, paid vacation and holidays, 401K play, and a company vehicle. Construction and sales experience required.Â APPLY ONLINE OR CONTACT OUR LOCAL BRANCH OFFICE TODAY!! Www.workforclearybuildingcorp.com. Also call us at 620-326-2626.”
Palm Beach County School District officials are discussing a possible delay to the start of the school year, due to the coronavirus pandemic.Florida is seeing a spike in new COVID-19 infections, including 5,511 new cases that were reported on Wednesday.The district recently created a task force and also distributed a survey to parents, in an effort to determine options for reopening safely in the fall.In addition, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a series of recommendations for schools, in order to reduce the spread of the virus. The agency noted the risk of the virus spreading increases in these situations:-Lowest Risk: Students and teachers engage in virtual-only classes, activities, and events.-More Risk: Small, in-person classes, activities, and events. Groups of students stay together and with the same teacher throughout/across school days and groups do not mix. Students remain at least 6 feet apart and do not share objects (e.g., hybrid virtual and in-person class structures, or staggered/rotated scheduling to accommodate smaller class sizes).-Highest Risk: Full sized, in-person classes, activities, and events. Students are not spaced apart, share classroom materials or supplies, and mix between classes and activities.The district is also considering three education options for when students return: full-time classroom instruction, full-time distance learning, or a hybrid model that would involve students being in the classroom two days a week and then at home for distance learning the other three days a week.Superintendent of Schools Dr. Donald Fennoy says more than 66,000 parents and guardians responded to the district survey asking them which of the three learning models they prefer.“Right now, a district data team is analyzing all those results,” Dr. Fennoy told board members. “Generally, the respondents were fairly evenly split in their back to school preferences when asked about returning to school full-time, continuing distance learning full-time, or some form of a blended model.”Officials are expected to make a final decision on the format of the 2020/21 school year on July 15.Wednesday’s discussion is a virtual meeting.
19 This will be the second time that Chuti fiche Guillermosince he hired him for Elche in the 2016/17 season, which ended in decline. Guillermo Fernandez, Bilbao striker Numancia, is about to become the ‘9’ who has been looking for months Chuti Molina for him Racing. The Basque striker, who has scored two goals this season in the Soriano team, arrived early Thursday night at Santander accompanied by his agent Eduardo Ipiens and have spent the night at the Hotel Palacio del Mar, next to The Sardinero.
Allen Durham still determined to help Meralco win 1st PBA title Tim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown Gov’t to employ 6,000 displaced by Taal Ancajas admitted that he couldn’t implement his game plan against the rugged, staccato style of Santiago.“My timing was a little off, he was a little awkward,” said Ancajas in Filipino. “It was a good, entertaining fight. I felt like I pressed and did enough to win.”Ancajas is tapering off after a busy year, when he knocked out Israel Gonzalez in February before carving out a decision over compatriot Jonas Sultan in May.In the comainer, IBF super middleweight champ Jose Uzcategui of Tijuana scored a unanimous decision win over Argentina’s Ezequiel Maderna in non-title light heavyweight bout.Super bantamweight Genesis Servania of the Philippines knocked out Tijuana’s Carlos Carlson 44 seconds into fourth round, improving his record to 32-1, 15KOs.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Instead, he’s looking at a high-stakes, high-yield unification encounter with Thai Sor Rungvisai for his next fight.Ancajas camp said they are inclined to pursue the fight against the Thai WBC belt holder, who will go up against Iran Diaz of Mexico next month also in the United States.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissAlready, Manny Pacquiao’s former promoter Top Rank vowed to help the 26-year-old Filipino secure the fight, which is expected to be the biggest outing for the Panabo, Davao, native.The prospects of that match could have been even more lucrative had Ancajas come up with a little more flair and fight against Santiago Friday night at Oracle Arena. Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Clearly, Ancajas failed to make good use of his advantage in height and boxing techniques as he found Santiago hard to read and settled for a disappointing split draw.The Filipino retained his IBF junior bantamweight championship but failed to convince everyone he’s up for boxing’s biggest stage.“Everyone saw the fight, and everyone saw that I won the fight clearly,” said the visibly-upset Santiago after the decision was read.He was all out in the last three rounds, taking the fight to the Filipino champ’s doorstep by hammering crisp counter punches and relying on large-scale punch production.Judge Marshall Walker ruled it for Santiago 118-111, Michael Tate for Ancajas 116-112, and Chris Watson saw it a draw 114-114.ADVERTISEMENT Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles02:26Trump lashes out as impeachment trial is in limbo01:29Saudis cut loose at rave-like event02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award MOST READ Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Heroes everywhere LATEST STORIES Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Jerwin Ancajas is not seeking a rematch to settle the score against feisty Mexican Alejandro Barrios-Santiago.ADVERTISEMENT Japeth Aguilar embraces role, gets rewarded with Finals MVP plum Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments