Pacquiao wants Horn rematch in the Philippines

first_imgView comments “It will not push through there in Australia. But we are bringing the fight here in the Philippines,” Pacquiao said on radio station DZBB, adding negotiations were ongoing. “This will be good for our country’s tourism.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSEnd of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legendSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’Pacquiao, 38, had initially called for a rematch after losing his World Boxing Organization welterweight title to the 29-year-old on points Horn in a major upset in Brisbane on July 2.Pacquiao, who has won world titles in an unprecedented eight weight divisions, had demanded a review of the bout but the WBO declared Horn the clear winner after a panel of judges re-scored the fight.  National Historical team rescues Amorsolos, artifacts from Taal Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Manny Pacquiao, right, of the Philippines watches Jeff Horn of Australia falls on the mat during their WBO World welterweight title bout in Brisbane, Australia, Sunday, July 2, 2017. Pacquiao lost his WBO welterweight world title to Horn in a stunning, unanimous points decision in the Sunday afternoon bout billed as the Battle of Brisbane in front of more than 50,000 people. (AP Photo/Tertius Pickard)Manny Pacquiao said on Sunday he was still wanted a rematch with Jeff Horn after the Filipino boxing hero  pulled out of their scheduled bout in Australia later his year.Queensland’s premier, whose state government was the financial backer of a November 12 fight, announced on Friday that Pacquiao “cannot return to the ring” due to other commitments. ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ LATEST STORIES Search on for 5 Indonesians snatched anew in Lahad Datu Britain’s Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to give up royal titles Bishop Baylon encourages faithful in Albay to help Taal evacuees Now in the twilight of a 22-year professional career, Pacquiao has not stopped an opponent in eight years and briefly quit boxing last year to pursue his long-held political ambitions and was elected senator.But he quickly made a successful comeback against Jessie Vargas in November, saying he still felt like a youngster.Pacquiao has defied calls to retire for good, including from his family and celebrated American trainer Freddie Roach.  Pacquiao dismissed funding concerns about hosting the multi-million dollar fight in the Philippines. “We have lots of friends who are supporting us including our tourism (department). The president is giving his all-out support,” Pacquiao said referring to his political ally Rodrigo Duterte.ADVERTISEMENT OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Marcosian mode: Duterte threatens to arrest water execs ‘one night’ Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks PLAY LIST 01:40Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks01:32Taal Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite Police seize P68-M worth of ‘shabu’ in Pasay Britain’s Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to give up royal titles Hotdog’s Dennis Garcia dies Djokovic becomes father of baby girllast_img

Be the first to comment on "Pacquiao wants Horn rematch in the Philippines"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*