Man Utd sent scouts to watch Napoli defender Koulibaly at Anfieldby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United have sent scouts to watch Napoli defender Kalibou Koulibaly.The Red Devils fell 19 points behind league leaders Liverpool after falling 3-1 at Anfield on Sunday.Manager Jose Mourinho is desperate for defensive reinforcements this January and Koulibaly is his number one target.And according to The Sun, United have recently had people in the stands watching the Senegalese centre-back.An Old Trafford source said: “The club had people there and it wasn’t just to run the rule over Liverpool.”They wanted to see what Koulibaly was like against English opposition after watching him a few times in Italy.”He impressed everyone and the need for players at the back has never been more evident.”It is reported that United are willing pay £90m for the 27-year-old. About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say
Not everyone will be able to attend the live event due to the limited seating capacity at the venue. Each person will only be allowed two tickets. Story Highlights Persons who wish to attend the annual Grand Gala event at the National Stadium on Independence Day (August 6) can get their free tickets at Juici Beef, Burger King and Tastee locations in Cross Roads, Half-Way-Tree, Downtown, and Portmore.This was disclosed by Minister of Youth and Culture, Hon. Lisa Hanna, at a Jamaica Information Service (JIS) ‘Think Tank’ held on July 30 at the agency’s headquarters in Kingston. Each person will only be allowed two tickets.Ms. Hanna said that despite the increased number of outlets, not everyone will be able to attend the live event due to the limited seating capacity at the venue.“The stadium holds 23,000 people. It’s one of these events that everybody wants to come to, that’s why we are showcasing live on television,” she said.Grand Gala producer, Gregory Simms, said that much work has gone into improving the television product so that the event is even more enjoyable for the audience at home.He said that rehearsals are being held every day “to have the television product looking well directed and very attractive. So Jamaicans…will get an unforgettable experience in their own homes as well now,” he said.The Grand Gala is one of the highlights of the annual Emancipation and Independence celebrations.The event, to be held under the theme: ‘Celebrating Jamaica: Triumphant, Proud and Free’, will formally close out ‘Jamaica 50’ celebrations, which began last year.The objectives of the celebrations are to: commemorate the country’s 51st year of independence, and give Jamaicans an opportunity to collect keepsakes from ‘Jamaica 50’; offer presentations in dance, music, theatre and visual arts; and to recognise national heroes, Jamaican icons, and institutions.This year’s celebrations will offer rich, wholesome family-oriented entertainment, with periods of reflection and discussion. The Grand Gala is one of the highlights of the annual Emancipation and Independence celebrations.
Tina HouseAPTN NewsIt’s been just over two months since Mary Stewart, 55, was taken to a Chilliwack Hospital after saying she was hit by a semi-truck.“I can remember screaming for murder because I was ran over by a truck I remember the wheels hitting me and somebody called 911,” she told APTN News.Since that time, Stewart was promised physio-therapy and medication to help her deal with the pain – but so far nothing.Two weeks ago she was sent to a recovery house in Surrey where she was promised help.But she said there were no services offered.Now she is being cared for by her family.“Thay are racist and they don’t think that we deserve the same treatment as people that dont have brown skin,” said her friend Eddie Julian.Stewart’s ordeal started after she was taken to the Chilliwack emergency room after being hit by a truck.Stewart claims that the physician told her they didn’t see anything wrong in the x-rays, and she said she was released.She said a nurse said that if she didn’t leave, they would call the police.She had no money and no phone. Her partner was with her and they ended up leaving at around 4 am in the rain.“They sent me away in a wheelchair and it was raining outside and they cut me outta my pants so they let me go with no pants just a sheet to cover me I could make it a block and a half I was in so much pain,” she said.She returned to the Chilliwack Hospital the next day after sleeping outside in a wheelchair.Stewart said when she arrived, a nurse said she never should have left the hospital.The x-ray showed her injuries were extensive.“My broken ankles, my broken knees my broken pelvis I have fractures all the way up me left side on my leg I was basically crushed from the bottom down,” she said.Stewart spent nearly a month at the hospital recovering.She said during that time, she experienced racism.Eddie Julian said hospital staff didn’t react well to her story in the media.“One of the nurses at the hospital had look at Mary and said oh I saw your mugshot on the paper and one of Mary’s lawyers happened to be there at the time and she just kinda appalled and she asked if that was me is that what you woulda said about me? and she said no no no,” he said.Officials said they have launched an investigation into what happened at the Chilliwack Hospital.They said it is still ongoing.Stewart said she has hired a lawyer and is considering legal action.
TEHRAN, Iran — Iraq’s president is visiting Iran less than two weeks after the United States restored oil sanctions that had been lifted under the 2015 nuclear deal.State TV says Barham Salih arrived Saturday and met with his Iranian counterpart, President Hassan Rouhani.Iran, which has had major influence over Iraq since the 2003 U.S.-led invasion that toppled Saddam Hussein, is hoping to maintain exports to its neighbour despite the renewed sanctions. Iraq is Iran’s second-largest market after China, buying everything from food and machinery to electricity and natural gas.Trade between the two countries was some $7 billion in 2017, and they have vowed to boost it to $8.5 billion this year.The Associated Press
Bordeaux- The Parliament is worried a new law concerning the right of association, thinking it restricts civil liberties in the country. During a press conference on Monday, Antonio Panzeri, head of a European Parliament delegation from the European Parliament called on Algeria to take further measures to improve civil liberties. “The authorities must do more to freedom of association, business associations and gender equality,” he declared, referring to a new law which, according to the opposition, limits the activities of associations. After the parliamentary elections of May 2012, a mission of 150 EU observers had criticized the election process, which was marked by “weaknesses” and “shortcomings”. Among other things, the observers had troubles accessing the National Electoral file that contains “sensitive” data, according to the Algerian authorities.“It is in the interest of Algeria that elections are free. The electoral register is a critical parameter. We want to settle this issue before the presidential election of April 2014”, he insisted. Algeria often faces accusations of fraud since the introduction of multiparty politics in 1989. During their stay, the MEPs said they discussed with representatives of civil society about trade union rights, the new law on associations and the issue of missing persons. Mr Panzeri referred in particular to the fate of thousands of persons who went missing during the civil war of the 1990s.According to official numbers, 200,000 individuals are still missing. “It is necessary that the Algerian authorities strongly commit to finding these people,” he said. The EP delegation also called for the revision of the law on associations, adopted in late 2011 by the Algerian Parliament.This law, passed in the context of political reforms by President Abdelaziz Bouteflika to prevent any contagion of the Arab Spring, banned Algerian associations from forming partnerships with foreign NGOs. It strengthens the state hegemony over civil society, according to opposition and human rights activists.This warning comes only days after Algeria accused Morocco of ignoring Human Rights in the Western Sahara, an allegation the Kingdom has condemned, saying Algiers is only trying to hide domestic tensions.© Morocco World News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten or redistributed