Man Utd sent scouts to watch Napoli defender Koulibaly at Anfieldby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United have sent scouts to watch Napoli defender Kalibou Koulibaly.The Red Devils fell 19 points behind league leaders Liverpool after falling 3-1 at Anfield on Sunday.Manager Jose Mourinho is desperate for defensive reinforcements this January and Koulibaly is his number one target.And according to The Sun, United have recently had people in the stands watching the Senegalese centre-back.An Old Trafford source said: “The club had people there and it wasn’t just to run the rule over Liverpool.”They wanted to see what Koulibaly was like against English opposition after watching him a few times in Italy.”He impressed everyone and the need for players at the back has never been more evident.”It is reported that United are willing pay £90m for the 27-year-old. About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Liverpool fullback Robertson warns fans: We have nothingby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool fullback Andrew Robertson has warned fans nothing has yet been won.The Reds meet Manchester City on Thursday.Robertson said after Saturday’s 5-1 Anfield thrashing of Arsenal: “You need to ask other teams about that.“We spoke about City last season and I’m sure every other team. did. They were very hard to beat. Of course we did it here in the league and the Champions League but in the league, not many people could touch them. But the thing is, they completed it and they’ve got their winners’ medal and the trophy.“Just now, we have nothing and that’s why at the end of the season, hopefully we can talk about it.“Of course we hope that we win it but we know how hard it is and we know two teams, probably even more, are right behind us and causing us all sorts of problems. We know they’ll be right on our tails so we keep our feet on the ground and hopefully by then we’ll be celebrating. But we take it game by game.“If teams are coming here maybe a bit worried then of course that works to our advantage. If people are worrying coming here, it’s a good sign for us. But it’s up to us to continue that and we need to keep winning games by doing that.”
zoom APM Terminals Tacoma, part of Maersk Group’s terminal operator APM Terminals, has shut down its operations on September 30, 2017 and transferred the lease to Seattle-based SSA Marine.The SSA Marine container terminal operator has formed a new joint venture with Matson Lines, called SSAT, which started operations on October 2, 2017.Matson revealed its Tacoma plans in April this year, saying that it would switch to SSA Terminals for stevedoring and terminal services at the Port of Tacoma from 2018 onward.APM Terminals said that the Tacoma lease was set to expire December 31, 2017 and the contractual language allowed the lease transfer.“We are proud of the service we have been able to provide to our customers, the Port of Tacoma and the Seaport Alliance, and the safety performance recognition consistently received by the Pacific Maritime Association,” said Wim Lagaay, Head of the USA and Europe Portfolio for APM Terminals.APM Terminals Tacoma was used primarily by the Matson Alaska Service, with twice-weekly sailings between Tacoma, Anchorage and Kodiak, Alaska, and a weekly service between Tacoma and Dutch Harbor, Alaska, handling a combined 190,000 TEUs in 2016.APM Terminals’ US portfolio includes operations at APM Terminals Pier 400 Los Angeles, APM Terminals Port Elizabeth at the Port of New York & New Jersey; APM Terminals Mobile, Alabama; and a 49% share in the South Florida Container Terminal, at the Port of Miami, Florida.
Bill Clinton released a heartfelt statement for World AIDS Day earlier this week.“Today is a day for reflection and even more, for rededication,” he said. “We reflect on the lives that have been lost to AIDS, the bravery of those who continue to live with HIV/AIDS and the commitment of so many worldwide to treat them. And we rededicate ourselves to eradicating the HIV/AIDS epidemic once and for all.“The challenges we face are clear. There are 37 million living with HIV worldwide, only 54 percent of whom are aware of their status. But as we look ahead, we should take strength from the remarkable progress that has been accomplished over the last 15 years. The number of new infections has fallen by 35 percent; the number of people receiving critical antiretroviral therapy (ART) in the developing world has increased from under 1 million to nearly 16 million; and the number of deaths attributable to HIV/AIDS has dropped by 42 percent since peaking in 2004.“We are proud to have been part of this progress through the Clinton Foundation and the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI). This year, 9.9 million people worldwide have access to CHAI-negotiated HIV/AIDS medications, and we are pleased that just this week CHAI and its partners announced three new agreements that could increase access to more sustainable HIV drug regimens at reduced prices.“Today and in the years to come, the international community — governments, businesses, multilaterals, and NGOs — must continue to strive toward achieving universal treatment, improving diagnostics, and helping all countries build strong, self-sufficient health systems to meet the needs of their people and maximize the effectiveness of their resources.“The past 15 years have shown us that we can afford to be ambitious and that we have a responsibility to be so. We are committed to a world in which everyone who has HIV/AIDS or who is at risk for contracting the virus has access to the knowledge, treatment and support they need.”
Panaji: Goa’s new Chief Minister will be sworn in soon. state BJP President Vinay Tendulkar announced on Monday. Speaking to reporters, Tendulkar, who was exiting a city resort with Assembly Speaker Pramod Sawant, one of the candidates for the Chief Minister’s post, said that all issues related to government formation would be cleared soon. The BJP is holding negotiations with potential political allies to stitch together a coalition government and zero-in on a Chief Minister after the death of Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Sunday.
Ranchi: Three policemen were injured in a Maoist attack in Seraikela district of Jharkhand on Monday, police said. Members of the banned Left-wing extremist group detonated landmines and then fired indiscriminately on a police bus in Hudanga village. The police personnel were on their way to the Suru irrigation project and dam when the attack took place. The injured policemen were rushed to a Jamshedpur hospital.
Tampa Bay Bucs cornerback Eric Wright will lose $1.706 million because of a four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing substances.Fox Sports reported several weeks ago that Wright would be suspended for using the drug Adderall.Former Buccaneers starting cornerback Aqib Talib was suspended for four games earlier this season. Talib said he took Adderall without a prescription during training camp. Talib served three games of his suspension before the Buccaneers traded him to New England Nov. 1.Wright was one of Tampa Bay’s big free-agent signings in the offseason. But he’s been hampered by an Achilles tendon injury in recent weeks and missed Sunday’s game against Atlanta. The Bucs started undrafted rookie Leonard Johnson in his place.E.J. Biggers took over when Talib was suspended and has remained in the starting lineup, but the Bucs have very little depth beyond that.Wright signed a five-year, $37.5 million contract when he joined the Bucs in March
Elseid Hysaj’s agent claims the player could have completed a switch to Chelsea and could still secure a move away from Napoli if he fails to become a regular.The Albanian full-back has fallen down Ancelotti’s pecking order and his representative is unhappy given he could have left last summer.“He could have gone with [Maurizio] Sarri to Chelsea, but Ancelotti blocked everything,” Mario Giuffredi fumed in a quote cited on Football Italia.“He even publicly said recently that he was counting on him for this last period, but the facts say that in the last four games, Hysaj has only played one.Top 5 Serie A players to watch for next weekend’s activity Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 11, 2019 With the international activity cooling down for the next month, we go back to the Top 5 players to watch in Serie A next…“Therefore that probably means he’s not too important for the Coach. If Ancelotti no longer considers him a starter, and wants to remove the disturbance, we’ll do it.“Hysaj doesn’t deserve this bad treatment, considering how much he’s given Napoli in the last three years, and also because it’s professionally correct to be clear in life.“Maybe it’s just a transitional phase, but every Coach makes his choices and it’s right that’s the case. So if Hysaj has become the fourth choice it’s only right they communicate that to us.“If this is a transitional phase we’ll soon see Hysaj as a starter again, or at the very least playing more consistently, but if Hysaj is no longer valued by the Coach we’ll ask for a transfer in January.”
The former TSG 1899 Hoffenheim footballer feels like at home with his new German Bundesliga club and hopes to show good quality football.A week after leaving German Bundesliga club TSG 1899 Hoffenheim for VfB Stuttgart, Steven Zuber talked to the press for the first time.“Stuttgart are a big club who obviously shouldn’t be in the position they’re in at the moment. Their current position in the table is of no great importance to me,” he told the club’s official website.“Being near the top or further down the table doesn’t affect my personal approach. I always look at things on a game-by-game basis and want to win every single one.”Crouch: Liverpool could beat Man United to Jadon Sancho Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Peter Crouch wouldn’t be surprised to see Jadon Sancho end up at Liverpool one day instead of his long-term pursuers Manchester United.“You start from scratch every matchday, and each time there are three more points up for grabs. The discussions with Michael Reschke and Markus Weinzierl were much more important [in persuading me to join the club]. They totally convinced me,” he explained.“I’ve already looked at a couple of flats here in Stuttgart and think I’ll move into one of them soon. I think I’ll feel at home quickly.”“I’m also on the right track in sporting terms after my ankle injury. I was able to participate in parts of training yesterday and hope to be able to train normally again this afternoon,” he added.“I obviously want to settle in quickly and give my all right away, but I need to wait for permission from the doctors and physios, who need to keep my enthusiasm under control.”
Real Madrid left-back Marcelo recently made a stunning revelation about his future suggesting he will leave this summer if the club wants him to.Marcelo, 30, has enjoyed a decorated career with Los Blancos having won 20 trophies including four Champions Leagues over more than a decade at the Bernabeu.But has fallen down the pecking order with coach Santi Solari preferring youth team graduate Sergio Reguilon at left-back.The Brazil international has been regularly linked with a move to reunite with Cristiano Ronaldo at Juventus. And he recently opened up about a possible exit.“If I am on the list of players [Madrid] want to sell, then they can pay me up and all is sorted,” Marcelo said via ESPN.“I trust in myself, in my work, but if a day comes when Real Madrid do not want me, I’ll go. I will be sad, but I’ll go. But I am sure I will not be kicked out.”Rumours are rife Ronaldo is trying to engineer the move to Juve, but Marcelo played down the prospect when asked again about the possibility of a move to Turin.Marcelo on when Cristiano told him he was leaving: “F*ck, we were training for the Champions League Final and he told me, ‘I’m leaving!’ Juve is a spectacular club with a great history but I have a contract with Real Madrid and I love being at this club.” [Esporte Interactivo] pic.twitter.com/7JxrwTtexJLa Liga Betting: Match-day 4 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Despite it being very early into La Liga season, both Barcelona and Real Madrid have had unprecedented starts to their campaigns. With this in…— SB (@Realmadridplace) February 11, 2019“I have seen mock-ups [of me] with the Juventus jersey, and they are a spectacular team,” he said. “But I am at Real Madrid, I have a contract here.”Marcelo has been under scrutiny for his below-par performances at the club, something he attributed to injuries.“The level I have been showing is difficult to always maintain,” he said. “I am a little below that level at the moment, but my career has been like that, some little dips, and unfortunately this season I had three injuries in two months. I went through a difficult period in my football and within the club.“But that phase is over now, I need to play to get back to my usual form and confidence. But I feel good now, physically good, I am training strongly. I need to play to get back my confidence, but physically I am good.”Solari is expected to keep faith with Reguilon for Wednesday’s Champions League round of 16 first leg at Ajax.