ljqmulbb

No Image

Megan Hilty on Her Pajama Party Wedding & Getting a ‘Tramp Stamp’ While Watching The Sound of Music

first_img View Comments Broadway fave, Sean Saves the World star and newlywed Megan Hilty stopped by Yahoo! studios for a quick chat with host Ali Wentworth, and in four short minutes, she revealed a ton of interesting tidbits we never knew before. For instance, did you know Hilty and her husband Brian Gallagher’s Vegas wedding reception was a pajama party? Did you know she has a tramp stamp (and tried to “update it” at a tattoo parlor while watching The Sound of Music Live!)? Did you know she and her Sean Saves the World co-stars sing “Magic to Do” from Pippin before every show? Yep, we didn’t either! Click below to find out more about the Smash and Wicked powerhouse, then catch her in Sean Saves the World on NBC! Star Filescenter_img Megan Hiltylast_img

Read More

No Image

Chill Down

first_img IT’S LOVELY WEATHER for peach and blueberry farmers who need cold temperatures now to help their trees and bushes set a good crop. Gerard Krewer, a UGA horticulturist, said temperatures between 35 degrees and 40 degrees are ideal for providing vital chill hours.ÿ J. Cannon, UGA CAES The bone-chilling cold of early January was exactly what Georgia peach and blueberry growers need, say University of Georgia experts. But they need a lot more. “At the moment, we’re praying for cold weather,” said Gerard Krewer, an Extension Service fruit horticulturist with the UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. center_img An unseasonably mild fall brought middle- and south Georgia into the new year with the fewest chill hours to this point in 40 years. Chill hours are the time below 45 degrees between Oct. 1 and Feb. 15. “The chill hours are running about half of the normal accumulation across most of south Georgia,” Krewer said. Without the needed chill hours, the trees will bloom and set some fruit, Krewer said. But they’ll lose the fruit when the leaves don’t develop quickly after fruit set. Without leaves that photosynthesize to create sugars, the tree can’t support the fruit. If we’re just 100 or so chill hours short, we may get some of a crop, he said. But it probably won’t be a good one. At 200 hours short, the crop would be very poor. However, it’s still early in the winter – too early to make a solid prediction of crop yields. Chill hours can accumulate at a rate of 168 every week. But with six weeks remaining before the cutoff date, Krewer calculates that growers we need a solid month of below-45 temperatures to get enough chill to make a good crop. “And we rarely receive continuous chilling in south Georgia,” he said. Chill requirements vary by the peach and blueberry type. But so far, no varieties grown in middle and south Georgia have enough chill hours to properly set and develop fruit. Peach trees can still benefit from chill hours after Feb. 15, Krewer said, but they aren’t as effective as those before. At this point, Krewer and Georgia peach farmers are hoping for cold weather and a state registration for a chemical called “Dormex.” This material, already widely used around the world, can substitute for 100 to 150 chill hours. Farmers may be able to supplement natural chill hours with Dormex and get a good crop. Krewer and Kathryn Taylor, a UGA stone fruit horticulturist, will lead a meeting on Dormex applications at the Jan. 24 business meeting of the National Peach Convention in Myrtle Beach, S.C. Call Bob McCurry of the South Carolina Peach Council at (803) 734-2215 for more information about that meeting. Farmers in upper north Georgia have been more fortunate. They’re on track to get enough chilling hours for rabbiteye blueberries and most peach types grown in their area.last_img read more


No Image

New era for commercial lending compliance?

first_imgby: Erin O’HernNCUA has started to make in-roads regarding regulatory relief in a surprising way. At their recent board meeting, NCUA announced a proposed rule to ease regulatory restrictions impacting member business loans (MBL). Under the proposal, credit unions would be able to tailor their underwriting requirements more specifically to their community and their credit unions’ situation when setting their MBL policies and procedures. The proposal allows loan officers to waive the personal guarantee, does not set specific loan-to-value limitations, clarifies that non-member loan participations will not count against the statutory business lending cap and lifts certain limits on construction and development loans.Keep in mind regulations never disappear completely. While the proposal loosens the reins on specific limitations it still contains strong language that requires credit unions to keep safety and soundness top of mind. The proposed rule requires credit unions to establish their own policy with internal limitations commensurate with the level of risk of the activity. It specifically requires credit unions to attach collateral that is appropriate based on the size and type of commercial loan, among other conditions. continue reading » 2SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblrlast_img read more


No Image

Man Found Dead in Elmont

first_imgSign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A 57-year-old man was found dead in Elmont on Thursday morning, Nassau County police said.Fifth Precinct officers responded to an alleyway between Huntley and Wellington roads, where the man was found lying dead on the grass shortly after 8 a.m., police said.Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigation but do not suspect foul play.The Nassau County Medical Examiner’s office will perform an autopsy to determine his cause of death. He was identified as Patrick Rogers, who has no known address.last_img


No Image

With no fall season, Binghamton women’s soccer begins training

first_img“We’re such a close knit team, we’re best friends. When we were at home we were zooming a lot trying to stay close but it is nothing compared to being back together,” said McKnight. “Just to be back, getting on the ball again and getting to see one another, it means a lot,” said Binghamton head coach Neel Bhattacharjee. “We’ve been waiting on this day since March, just counting down the days until we can get back on the field,” said Binghamton sophomore Olivia Mcknight. No matter what protocols they have to follow, the girls are happy to just be seeing each other in person again. For now, the girls are training in small groups and are easing back into game shape. “Us being together, that is just a big part of our team, you know we talk about a family environment and how important team chemistry is and that is just hard to do over zoom,” said Bhattacharjee. Protocols include wearing a mask at all times on the field and keeping their space during training. center_img The team is looking at these extra practices as a positive thing, with their eyes now set on one thing.” VESTAL (WBNG) – For the first time this fall, the Binghamton women’s soccer team is back on the field. “Right now we’re going to get touches on the ball, right now that’s a big component for us is working on the technical piece,” said Bhattacharjee. “It’s just been a fluid transition,” said McKnight. “It’s definitely weird but having to do these protocols since March you start to get used to it and we’re just blessed that we are even practicing at all.” “Our goal is to win an America East Championship in the spring, that’s our focus,” said McKnight.last_img read more



No Image

Broward County Issues Shelter-in-Place Order

first_imgBroward County issued a shelter-in-place order on Thursday, urging residents not to leave their homes unless it is to complete “essential activities.”Under the order issued by County Administrator Bertha Henry, “individuals are strongly urged to remain home other than to engage in essential activities, which are the minimum activities necessary to conduct Minimum Business Operations or to engage in or patronize Essential Businesses.”Emergency Order 20-03 urges residents to Shelter in Place. Everyone is strongly urged to remain home other than to engage in essential activities. https://t.co/1b7kB4sBRP pic.twitter.com/qGmANQSo0U— Broward County Government (@BrowardCounty) March 26, 2020 Residents may leave their homes to go places such as grocery stores, doctor’s offices, pharmacies, and child care centers, among other “essential locations.”In addition, outdoor exercise that complies with social distancing guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is allowed.According to the latest numbers from the Florida Department of Health, there are 504 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Broward County, which is second only to Miami-Dade County in the state.67 people have been hospitalized because of the virus in Broward County, and three have died.last_img read more


No Image

The Latest: Memphis-Houston game set for Friday postponed

first_imgAn undentified player for Sporting Kansas City has tested positive for COVID-19.The MLS team said Saturday the player self-isolated upon the initial positive result. The player will remain in isolation until cleared by the club’s medical staff. No other players and coaches were confirmed positive for the coronavirus. Sporting hosts Minnesota United on Sunday night. At least two other of the league’s players and six staff members have confirmed positive tests since the teams returned to local markets after the MLS is Back tournament in Florida.___ ___The technical director of Turkish soccer team Besiktas has tested positive for COVID-19.The club tweeted Saturday that Sergen Yalcin was tested ahead of Sunday’s game at Trabzonspor in the opening round of Turkey’s Super League. Yalcin did not exhibit any symptoms and will go into isolation. Besiktas is one of the top soccer teams in Turkey. The American Athletic Conference announced the decision Saturday, a day after Memphis paused football practice and all group activities for the team because a “number of individuals” with the program had tested positive for COVID-19.The Tigers already lost a game at Purdue previously scheduled for Saturday when the Big Ten canceled its fall football season Aug. 11. The conference says the Houston game will be rescheduled for a later date.Memphis officials say the positive tests and contact tracing indicate most of the cases are linked to social events outside of team activities. Combined with contract tracing, Memphis says a “significant number” are in quarantine in keeping with CDC guidelines. Officials say there are no serious cases but that all players and staff affected are being closely monitored.The Tigers opened the season by beating Arkansas State 37-24 on Sept. 5. Their next scheduled game is Sept. 25 at UT San Antonio.___ September 12, 2020 Associated Press Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___Memphis’ prime-time game against Houston set for Friday night has been postponed. The season-opening football game between Virginia and Virginia Tech at Lane Stadium scheduled for Sept. 19, has been postponed because of COVID-19 issues at Virginia Tech.The schools made the announcement Saturday, calling it a mutual agreement. Virginia Tech said it also will pause football practice for four days.On its web page, Virginia Tech reported Friday it has had 219 positive tests for the coronavirus in the previous seven days, putting its total infections at 633 since testing began Aug. 3. The numbers have risen steadily since students returned Aug. 24.“The safety, as well as the physical and mental well-being of these young men and women entrusted to our care by their families remains our top priority,” Hokies athletic director Whit Babcock said in a statement. “While we share the disappointment of everyone who hoped to begin the football season against our in-state rival, we remain optimistic that a full ACC football schedule can be played thanks to the flexibility the present format permits.” The Latest: Memphis-Houston game set for Friday postponed Turkey’s soccer federation said early September that league games would be played without spectators in the first half of the new season, reversing an earlier decision to allow a limited number of fans.Turkey has seen a spike in COVID-19 infections and deaths, which began increasing after Turkey loosened restrictions in June but intensified since late August, returning to levels last seen in mid-May.___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sportslast_img read more


No Image

IAAF ethics board clears Coe after investigation

first_imgLONDON, England (Reuters) – The world athletics governing body (IAAF) has closed an ethics investigation into its president Sebastian Coe, after finding there was no basis on which “any disciplinary case could be established” that he had “intentionally misled” a British Parliamentary Committee in 2015.“The investigation has therefore not identified evidence of a potential breach of the code of ethics by Lord Coe,” it said.Coe has denied throughout that he misled the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) select committee when he appeared before it in December 2015, four months after being elected IAAF president.“I want to thank the ethics board for all the work they do,” said Coe in a statement.   “When I became president of the IAAF, I promised greater transparency and integrity. I hope this demonstrates that no-one is above the rules and everyone in the sport is subject to the same scrutiny.”Coe, previously an IAAF vice-president, was questioned about what he knew about doping in Russian athletics before he took office. In its final report ‘Combating doping in sport’ in 2018, the committee criticised Coe’s answers as misleading. “It stretches credibility to believe that he was not aware, at least in general terms, of the main allegations,” the report added.The IAAF ethics board then opened an investigation in September into whether Coe’s conduct had violated its own regulations. Coe, a double Olympic 1500 metres gold medallist, insisted that he did not know the specific detail of an email sent to him by former London Marathon race director David Bedford in 2014.Bedford said the attachments contained details of how Russian marathon runner Liliya Shobukhova had sent hundreds of thousands of dollars to the IAAF to cover up positive doping tests.Shobukhova was banned for three years and two months, later reduced by seven months, for assisting with investigations. Although Coe confirmed receiving the email, he said he forwarded it to the IAAF ethics board without reading the attachments.The board said in its decision yesterday that Coe “behaved appropriately” by referring the matter.“Coe’s evidence is that his personal assistant forwarded the email with its attachments to the Chairperson of the Ethics Board and that he (Coe) did not read the attachments,” it said. “The investigation did not find any evidence inconsistent with that position.”Damian Collins, chair of the DCMS committee, said he stood by the report.“Lord Coe either knew more than he suggested he did when he gave evidence to the committee, or he knew enough about the Shobukhova (matter) to have asked more questions about it within the IAAF at the time,” he said in a statement.last_img read more


No Image

Perfect start comes to an end for men’s hoops

first_imgRedshirt senior guard Daniel Utomi added that the team’s performance Friday night was not going to deter the players from shooting.  “We didn’t get it rolling tonight,” Mathews said. “Once we get it rolling, we’ll be hard to stop.”  “We were getting the shots we wanted. We just didn’t hit them,” Mathews said. “And that just comes game by game … we’ve got a lot more games to play and chemistry to build.” The Trojans let the game slip away early in the second half after opening the frame on an 8-0 run that put them up 40-34. That lead was soon squandered as the Trojans followed with a six-minute scoreless drought.  “[The shots are] gonna drop,” Utomi said. “Shooters gonna shoot. We [are] not worried about it. They are going to drop.”  “We missed open threes, we missed a layup on a slip, we missed free throws, we turned the ball over at a couple of crucial times and then all of the sudden there [Temple had] a big run.” Freshman forward Onyeka Okongwu led USC with 17 points, shooting 6-of-13 and 46.2% from the field. Okongwu also added five monstrous blocks to his stat sheet.  “[There] weren’t a lot of positives from this game, unfortunately,” head coach Andy Enfield said after the game. “It was a game that we need to study … and learn from it and figure out some things.”  “You can’t go that long without scoring against a quality team,” Enfield said. “I thought we were going to make a run and get up double digits. We had the momentum. [Then] all of the sudden, the momentum shifted and we just couldn’t get out of it.  Freshman guard Ethan Anderson was second on the team in scoring with 12 points. Anderson also recorded six rebounds and five assists.center_img Senior guard Jonah Mathews attributed the team’s loss to an uncharacteristically poor night of shooting. USC shot 38.6% from the field on the night, 27.3% from three and an abysmal 55% from the charity stripe.  “I’ll take the blame for [the second half slump], because I couldn’t figure out what to do as far as getting us out of that rut,” Enfield said. “We tried different things and whatever we tried didn’t seem to work, so that’s on me. I’ve got to figure out what lineups to have out here in crucial situations and also whose hand to put the ball in.” The USC men’s basketball team suffered its first loss of the season Friday against Temple at Galen Center. The Trojans were plagued by poor shooting all night, and what began as a close battle eventually turned into a comfortable 70-61 victory for the Owls.  Over the course of approximately nine minutes, the Owls put the game out of reach with a 23-6 run.  Mathews also expressed confidence in his team.  USC will fly to Orlando this week to play in the ESPN Orlando Invitational. Its first game is against Fairfield University Thursday at 1 p.m.  Senior guard Jonah Mathews struggled against Temple, shooting a season-low 20% from the field and just 1-6 on 3-pointers. (Sarah Ko / Daily Trojan) “[Enfield told me] just to move on,” Mathews said. “We have a whole tournament next week. This is a bad loss at home, but we’ve got to move on and play some better teams in Orlando [and] try to make something happen out there because that is a big tournament.”last_img read more