Low-Pressure System in Atlantic Dissipates, as Hurricane Season Officially Begins June 1

first_imgThe weekend forecast for South Florida continues to call for partly sunny skies with a 20 to 30 percent chance of scattered showers through Sunday night.High temperatures in the mid- to high-80s are expected, with lows in the upper 70s, according to the weather service.However, the chance of showers and thunderstorms will increase to 50 percent as the week starts, the National Weather Service said. A low-pressure system in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean is showing signs of weakening, now with just a 20 percent chance of developing into a subtropical depression within the the next 24 hours, according to the National Hurricane Center.As of 3 p.m. Saturday, the system was moving slowly northward and was located about 400 miles east-southeast of Bermuda. It will likely encounter conditions that will make further development difficult, forecasters said.The next system that forms in the Atlantic would be named Tropical Storm or Hurricane Cristobal. The 2020 hurricane season officially begins June 1, although there have already been two named storms in the Atlantic, Arthur and Bertha.NHC has issued a special Tropical Weather Outlook for the Atlantic. Development of the system over the central Atlantic has become less likely. There is also potential for tropical cyclone development over the southwestern Gulf of Mexico next week. https://t.co/QnemzQ1V2D pic.twitter.com/GLiHU1zVkx— National Hurricane Center (@NHC_Atlantic) May 31, 2020last_img

Be the first to comment on "Low-Pressure System in Atlantic Dissipates, as Hurricane Season Officially Begins June 1"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*