No Image


first_imgDonegal Junior LeagueReports Brian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionMilford United 0 St. Catherines 3 St. Catherines gained a well-deserved victory in Milford on Sunday. They took the lead when David Conwell latched onto a long ball to score past the advancing Caolan Mc Gettigan. Milford’s best chance came when TJ Evesson shot wide on 40 minutes. On the hour mark Chris Nelis latched on to a long ball over the Milford defence to slot home. The third came on 70 minutes when Shane O’ Rourke headed home a cross on the counter attack. Good team performance from the Killybegs men and best for Milford was Caolan Mc Gettigan. Referee: Joe McHugh.Kildrum Tigers 2 Gweedore Celtic 3Gweedore went ahead when Jambo finished neatly from the edge off the box. Kildrum equalised from the spot through Jonny Mc Ginty before going ahead from a great Damian Crossan strike from 15 yards. Gweedore drew level just before halftime thanks to an own goal. Kildrum had a lot of possession in the second half but couldn’t find the breakthrough and were punished with 5 minutes remaining when Eamon McGee broke through the middle and finished to the bottom corner.Glenea United 1 Drumoghill F.C. 1In wintry conditions both sides had to settle for a point. Drumoghill played with the elements at their back in the 1st half and put the home side under pressure. In the 30th minute Ritchie Moore picked up a loose ball in the box but his close range effort was well saved by Joe Coll. As the half progressed Glenea came more into the game but were unable to create a clear chance. In the 2nd half the home side began to see more of the ball but failed to test the visiting keeper. Drumoghill took the lead on 65 minutes when a cross from the right was steered home by Moore from 15 yards. Glenea pressed hard for an equaliser but still found it hard to get an effort on target. Moore came closest to adding to the score-line when saw a header go just wide. Glenea almost equalised on 85 minutes when Eugene Maguire’s through ball released Darren Mc Geever but he saw his goal bound effort blocked by a defender. Glenea finally got their breakthrough on 88 minutes when Gavin Mc Glanaghey’s pass found Darren Mc Geever and he slotted home at the near post. Decent team efforts from both sides in windy conditions. Referee: Marty Mc Garrigle.Cranford United 2 Cappry Rovers 3Cappry overcame Cranford in a tough game with a late winner. Cappry started the game bright and came close on a few occasions. Cappry took the lead when Benny Mc Laughlin turned a Cranford defender on the end line and squared to the incoming midfielder who slotted home. Cranford equalised shortly after through Arthur Lynch. Cranford could have taken the lead before half time when they were awarded a penalty but the keeper saved Kyle Black’s spot kick. Instead it was Cappry who went in at half time in the lead through a Benny Mc Laughlin goal. The second half was closely contested and Cranford’s task was made harder when they were reduced to ten men in a controversial moment. Cranford then started to play with more desire and equalised through Ryan Mc Gonagle. The game seemed to be heading for a draw but in the last minute Benny Mc Laughlin won it for Cappry. Team effort from both teams.Watson Hire Division One Castlefin Celtic 3 Kerrykeel’71 F.C. 1Castlefin maintained their 100% league record with a hard fought victory over Kerrykeel on Sunday. In a scrappy opening neither side created any clear cut chances. Kerrykeel took the lead in the 35th minute through a Myles Mc Bride shot from 20 yards which flew into the top corner of the net. The home side responded immediately when Barry Tourish broke down the left and crossed to JP Malley who tapped home. Castlefin started the second half the better and went close through PJ Mc Menamin and Malley. Castlefin finally got reward for their pressure in the 89th minute when Emmet White’s shot from 30 yards flew into the net. In stoppage time Castlefin extended their lead when a Ronan Tourish cross was slotted home by Malley. Best wishes to Castlefin player Simon Mc Glinchey who suffered a serious injury in the match.Dunkineely Celtic 1 Lagan Harps 2A minute silence was observed before this game as a mark of respect to the late Rodger Meehan who sadly passed away on Saturday. Dunkineely played with the strong breeze in the first half and had Lagan under pressure from the start. The first chance fell to Adrian Nesbitt who clipped the outside of the post from the edge of the box after 5 minutes. Other efforts from Andrew Mackey and Daniel Gallagher went just wide of the target. Lagan’s first chance fell to Stephen O’ Donnell, who cut in from the left wing, but his shot from 20 yards went harmlessly wide. Dunkineely took the lead on 25 minutes when Andrew Mackey fired home a free from 25 yards after he himself had been fouled. Dunkineely continued to press and Mackey and Nesbitt both had efforts go narrowly wide. Lagan got their equaliser on 35 minutes when Stephen O’ Donnell converted from the penalty spot.With the elements at their back Lagan came out strongly in the second half and had Dunkineely pressed back for long periods. The home team defended well and restricted Lagan to long range efforts. On 72 minutes Lagan took the lead when a long clearance from the keeper was not dealt with and Chris Toner won the race with the keeper to poke the ball home. Dunkineely fought hard to get back into the game and Cian Kennedy had a shot well saved by the Lagan keeper. Dunkineely had strong claims for a penalty turned down on 80 minutes. Andrew Mackey made a strong burst into the penalty area and was brought down but the referee awarded a free on the edge of the box. Andrew Mackey’s effort cannoned off the wall and Paul Murrin struck the outside of the post from the rebound. Dunkineely pressed for the equaliser but some last ditch defending by Lagan kept their goal intact. Dunkineely still seek their first win but this was a much improved performance. Referee: Marin Mc Anenny.Kilmacrennan Celtic 6 Curragh Athletic 3Kilmacrennan took the lead early against Curragh Athletic with a goal from Christy Connaghan in the 5th minute. Kilmacrennan dominated the game from then on. In the 25th minute, after some great play from Daire McDaid, Michael McLaughlin scored. The second half started off well for Kilmacrennan when Timmy Burke worked his magic, dribbling the ball through Curragh’s defence, leaving the keeper with no chance. In the 66th minute Kilmacrennan scored another goal when Burke laid the ball off to Michael McLaughlin who slotted the ball to the back of the net. In the 70th minute Kilmacrennan increased their lead further through Mc Daid. On 80 minutes Curragh showed great determination to pull one back when Michael Melaugh blasted the ball past Kilmacrennan’s keeper. A minute later Gary Gorman scored for Kilmacrennan after great play from Seamy Peoples and Liam McBride. Curragh then scored a great goal from the re-start from Colm O’ Brien. Curragh didn’t give up and scored again in the 84th minute, with a goal from a corner which fell to Calvin Bradley’s feet in the 6 yard box. This left the final score at 6-3 to Kilmacrennan. Best for Kilmacrennan: Rab Sandilands & Daire McDaid. Best for Curragh Athletic: Overall team effort.CT Ball Division TwoDunlewy Celtic 3 Raphoe Town 2Both sides came into this game on the back of good victories and it was the visitors who started brightest but it remained level at half time. The second half started well for the home side with Liam McMullen scoring from a corner. It wasn’t long lived however as Peter Mc Glynn scored from a free kick which caught out the home keeper. It remained tight with both sides going close but there was a moment of magic from Kieran Mc Geady when he latched onto a clearance from Kevin Doohan and rifled home a wonderful shot. Mc Geady then earned a penalty which his namesake Brendan converted. The visitors weren’t finished however and got a goal from Christy Boyle after a goal mouth scramble. Best For Dunlewey were: Kieran Mc Geady, John Cannon and Kevin Doohan. Team performance from RaphoeBallybofey United 3 Bonagee United 3Three times Bonagee went in front but three times they were hauled back by a determined home side. Frankie Mc Brearty gave the Dry Arch men the lead but David Whyte soon equalised. Gary Patton then put the visitors ahead but Mark Marley, on his return from injury, restored parity. Darren Hunter got Bonagee’s third before Whyte again added to his season’s tally. Both sides created scoring opportunities after this but the scores were on the doors and each had to settle for a point on Finnside. Best for Ballybofey United: Aaron Mc Auley, Kevin Boyle and PJ Browne. Best for Bonagee United: Gary Patton and Darren Hunter. Referee: Andrew Mullan.Glenree United 3 Convoy Arsenal 4The visitors struck first in the 25th minute moments after missing a penalty which was well saved by Daryl Gibson. They caught the home side out again when their striker’s shot took a huge deflection and nestled in the bottom corner. Glenree got one back through Patrick Mc Groddy. Convoy struck again in the 53rd minute when they worked the ball well down the right wing to cross it for their striker to stroke it home. The home side didn’t give in though and showed great courage to fight back. They scored from a corner through John Mc Clafferty and then in the 70th minute Colin Gallagher scored the goal of the day when he turned the defender and whipped it into the top corner to make it 3-3. Glenree had the league leaders on the ropes and had them pinned back in their own penalty box but another goal just wouldn’t come. Then in the 86th minute Convoy struck again from a free kick to make it four and that’s how it stayed. Referee: Ronan FloydOld Orchard Saturday Division OneGlenree United Reserves 1 Arranmore UnitedArranmore took the lead after twenty minutes when Christopher Mc Glanaghey finished well.They went two up ten minutes later when Danny Rodgers found himself unmarked at a corner and he headed to the net. After the break Glenree got one back through John Mc Clafferty when the ball was played across and it seemed to deflect off his knee and past the helpless keeper after good work from Vinny Mc Laughlin and Nicholas Nelis. Glenree pressed for an equaliser without reward. Poor defending from another corner allowed Mc Glanaghey to tap home for his 2nd of the game. With the last attack of the match Michael McHugh tapped in for Arranmore’s 4th. Team performance from Glenree. Christopher Mc Glanaghey and Danny Rodgers were best for Arranmore.Donegal Town Reserves 2 St. Catherines Reserves 1St Catherine’s started this game the brighter of the two sides. Chances fell to Ryan Ward and Barry Cannon before Town’s Jamie White and David Bustard saw their first chances come to nothing. The best chance of the half fell to Donegal on the stroke of half time when Ryan Hegarty forced a super save form Catherine’s keeper Rory Mc Callig. The game remained scoreless at half-time. Donegal Town made the breakthrough when Nathan Ward’s whipped corner was met by the head of Stephen Graham. His effort was cleared off the line but only as far as Adrian Ward who fired the loose ball into the Catherine’s net. St Catherine’s levelled the game on seventy minutes. The introduction of Donegal’s Declan Brown had a big impact and Donegal pushed forward at every opportunity. The winner came late in the game and it was Browne who got it when he reacted quickest to score after Devenney’s shot came back off the postGlenea United Reserves 0 Erne Wanderers 2A youthful Glenea Reserves side went down to a more experienced Erne outfit. Playing with the wind the visitors dominated proceedings but were unable to create any clear chances until the 33rd minute when, on counter attack, Michael Dorrian got onto a right wing cross at the near post and forced the ball home. Erne extended their lead on 35 minutes when Barry Mulligan created space 25 yards out and hit an effort which went in off the post. Glenea tried hard to get back into the game but found it tough going. In the 2nd half Glenea did come more into it with Dean Gallagher and Dean Mc Carry both forcing the Erne ‘keeper into a couple of good saves. Decent effort from both sides. Referee: Michael McFadden.Castlefin Celtic Reserves 1 Orchard F.C. 5Niall Bonner and Michael Doherty both had early chances for Orchard before Damien Mc Anenny and Paddy Dooher had attempts for the home side. Orchard broke the deadlock on 42 minutes from the penalty spot after Michael Doherty was fouled in the box, Doherty converted from twelve yards himself. Castlefin equalised two minutes later when Gary Mc Nulty’s thirty yard free kick beat the Orchard keeper. On the stroke of half time Orchard regained the lead. Castlefin keeper Jason Curran did well to save Niall Bonner’s shot but Joe McCarron finished the rebound. Castlefin started the second half the better but despite having most of the chances the home team were unable to find the net. Paddy Dooher and David Stewart both had efforts cleared off the Orchard line before Orchard got their third on 79 minutes when Michael Doherty set up Eddie McLaughlin who drilled the ball into the bottom corner. Niall Bonner added two more in the 84th and 86th minutes to make it five to Orchard. Referee: Vincent McLaughlin. Best for Castlefin: Team performance. Best for Orchard: Team performanceGlencar Celtic 4 Fintown Harps AFC 3Glencar started brightly and had the ball in the net after five minutes from a free-kick but it was disallowed for a push. They took the lead shortly after through, Steven Browne with a 25 yard effort which squirmed under the keeper. They doubled their lead two minutes later, Mark Graham nodding home from a Marty Brogan free-kick. On 25 minutes Glencar were awarded a penalty and Browne converted for his second of the game. Fintown started the second half brightest and Steven Thompson’s shot took a massive deflection to wrong foot the Glencar keeper to make it 3-1. Fintown were then reduced to ten men. Glencar struck again through substitute Sean Houston after a good move involving Marty Brogan and Paddy Collins. Fintown rallied and got their reward on 83 minutes to make it 4-2. With the momentum Fintown won a corner which was poked home to make it 4-3 with the last kick of the game. Good team performance from both sides.Glencar Inn Saturday Division TwoCurragh Athletic Reserves 5 Milford United Reserves 0Curragh remain unbeaten at home after a flawless performance against a strong Milford team. Curragh opened the scoring after three minutes when a Conor Gallagher cross found Gary Quinn who powered home a header. Curragh scored again on thirteen minutes when Gallagher picked up the ball and slid it through to Shea Hannigan who scored. Curragh scored again after thirty five minutes when Conor Gallagher found Aaron Bradley who slid the ball under the Milford keeper. Curragh scored their fourth when Rory Jones found Hannigan who’s deflected shot found the bottom corner. Curragh scored their fifth goal when a pin point ball from Jonny Corcoran found Owen Harvey on the edge of the box to score from 18 yards. Conor Gallagher was man of the match for Curragh. A team effort from Milford.Drumbar F.C. 2 Cranford United Reserves 1Drumbar started the brighter of the two teams and dominated the first 45 minutes however they could not convert any of the chances they had. At the back they were solid and Emmett Doogan was covering a lot of ground and creating chances. Enda Brogan finally broke the deadlock to give the home side the lead. Cranford didn’t give in and struck an equaliser from the edge of the box through a group of players leaving the goalkeeper no chance. Drumbar heads didn’t drop and they kept pushing for the winner. Darragh Doogan then broke from defence and found himself in the opposition box. His shot was parried into the path of Alan Cavanagh who finished well. Team effort from Cranford. Declan Mc Loughlin, Daniel Bennett and Emmet Doogan were best for Drumbar.Strand Rovers 3 Tullyvinney Rovers 0This top of the table clash in Maghery was played in what can only be described as wintry conditions. The game started lively with both teams having some nice passages of play. On the ten minute mark Strand broke the deadlock when Paddy Glackin was fouled in the box and the Strand skipper Brendan Brennan stepped up to tuck away the penalty. Strand pushed forward again and were awarded another penalty on twenty five minutes when Doalty Boyle was pushed over in the box. Up stepped the captain Brennan again for the same return. Tullyvinney came out eager for the second half and had a few opportunities to pull one back but the Strand defence stood tall and denied them. John Walsh got Strand’s third when he nipped in between the keeper and a few Tullyvinney defenders to score. Two decent team performances in wintry conditions.Donegal Junior LeagueResultsOld Orchard Saturday Division OneGlenree United Reserves 1 v 4 Arranmore UnitedDonegal Town Reserves 2 v 1 St. Catherines ReservesGlenea United Reserves 0 v 2 Erne WanderersCastlefin Celtic Reserves 1 v 5 Orchard F.C.Glencar Celtic 4 v 3 Fintown Harps AFCGlencar Inn Saturday Division TwoCurragh Athletic Reserves 5 v 0 Milford United ReservesDrumbar F.C. 2 v 1 Cranford United ReservesStrand Rovers 3 v 0 Tullyvinney RoversBrian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionMilford United 0 v 3 St. CatherinesKildrum Tigers 2 v 3 Gweedore CelticGlenea United 1 v 1 Drumoghill F.C.Cranford United 2 v 3 Cappry RoversWatson Hire Division OneCastlefin Celtic 3 v 1 Kerrykeel’71 F.C.Dunkineely Celtic 1 v 2 Lagan HarpsKilmacrennan Celtic 6 v 3 Curragh AthleticCT Ball Division TwoDunlewy Celtic 3 v 2 Raphoe TownBallybofey United 3 v 3 Bonagee UnitedGlenree United 3 v 4 Convoy ArsenalFixturesSaturday 08-11-2014 K.O. 2p.m. (Unless Stated)Old Orchard Saturday Division OneFintown Harps AFC v Arranmore United (K.O. 1 p.m.)Orchard F.C. v Glencar CelticErne Wanderers v Castlefin Celtic ReservesSt. Catherines Reserves v Glenea United ReservesDonegal Town Reserves v Glenree United ReservesGlencar Inn Saturday Division TwoMulroy Celtic v Drumoghill F.C. ReservesDrumbar F.C. v Keadue Rovers ReservesRamelton Mariners v Cranford United ReservesSunday 09-11-2014Brian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionKildrum Tigers v Glenea UnitedDonegal Town v Gweedore CelticCappry Rovers v St. CatherinesWatson Hire Division OneCastlefin Celtic v Copany RoversDunkineely Celtic v Gweedore UnitedKerrykeel ’71 F.C. v Lagan HarpsCT Ball Division TwoBonagee United v Glenree UnitedDeele Harps v Dunlewey CelticEany Celtic v Letterbarrow CelticFAI Junior Cup K.O. 1.30 p.m.Illies Celtic v Ballybofey UnitedKilmacrennan Celtic v Curragh AthleticMilford United v Lifford CelticDONEGAL LEAGUE – ALL THE REPORTS, RESULTS AND FIXTURES was last modified: November 2nd, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Donegal Leaguelast_img read more